Sunday, January 31, 2010

Moving On(line)

I just spent a good part of my weekend moving, for the third time in nine months. And let me just say, by now, I am really good at moving. I can’t even explain how strange it is to feel like you are actually good at moving. Seriously, unless you are a professional mover, you should not be good at moving.

And while I was quickly and efficiently moving and loading and stacking all of my belongings into the back of my car, tetris-style, I had a lovely but bewildering thought. With the way things are going, as we conduct more and more of our lives online (reading, shopping, even attending classes), won’t it be great when we can just upload all of our belongings and (thumb)drive the files over to our new houses, where we will download the furniture into the living room and open the clothing pages into the drawer folders.

But, of course, we’re not there yet. Time to unpack the files, um, boxes.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the unpacking. That's my favorite part. I hate moving, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea! That would make moving much more fun.

    ReplyDelete